[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Village "Wolle" ; parish Ilow 1797;Region of Blendowo

Richard Benert benovich at montanadsl.net
Sat May 1 10:08:22 PDT 2004

Juergen

I've had the same problem.  My grandmother wrote in the family Bible that she
was born in "Vola".   When I discovered how many towns in Poland included the
word, "Vola", I despaired.  But it was also said that this Vola was near the
Vistula River, which helped a little.

Two years ago, Jerry Frank said he had found a Vola (just plain Vola, without
another name attached) on the Vistula, something like 10 km upstream (east) of
Wyszogrod.  This would be about 30 km from Ilow, which might place it within
that parish, although I don't know.

I don't want to put Jerry on the spot, but maybe he can give you more info on
this.

Dick Benert