[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Slonsk Poland

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Wed May 26 17:16:16 PDT 2004

Slonsk (today known as Slonsk Dolny) is located just north of Ciechocinek
on the Wisla River at about N52/54 E18/47.  Woluszewo is a short distance
west at N52/54 E18/45.

I cannot find any Olszewo in the immediate vicinity - not on modern maps
nor on my 1803 Gilley map.  There is Sluzewo not too far away at N52/52 E18/41.

What is your source for the place name and why do you think it is in this area?

At 04:23 PM 26/05/2004 -0700, albertr7 at juno.com wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I'm having trouble determining the location of Olszewo (German=Olschewo),
>in the Slonsk region.  I suspect it was nearby Woluszewo (Woluschewo).  I
>checked the SPIS gazetteer at my local Family History Center.  Many
>places named Olszewo but none in Bydgoszcz.  Woluszewo and Slonsk are
>both in the SPIS in Bydgoszcz.
>
>I'm researching SCHAFFRICK / SCHAFRIK / SZAFRYK and CITLOCH in this
>region.
>
>Thanks for any help.
>
>Al Ratzlaff

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta