[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Microfilms with left, then right pages, out of sequence

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Wed Nov 3 06:38:20 PST 2004

Microfilming done by the LDS is usually done sequentially so that left and
right pages are right next to each other.  This is the case for material we
see from Polish Archives.

German Archives did their own microfilming and filmed all left pages first,
then all right pages.  This was done to facilitate creating additional
paper copies of the texts.  I don't know if they ever made those additional
paper copies.  Rather than redo the work, the LDS purchased copies of these
German microfilms for their library.

If you see such material and look at the microfilm header information, you
will probably see that the originals are in a German Archive rather than a
Polish Archive.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca