[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Dorothy N. - Re: Ger-Poland-Volhynia Digest, Vol 18, Issue 7

rbbtfarm rbbtfarm at wavecable.com
Sat Nov 6 21:53:34 PST 2004

Hi Dorothy,

Don't know if this will help. I am including my family and their
relationship to the NEUMANN.

Our branch of this family is generally known as BARZ, but sometimes they and
other relatives are listed as BARTZ. Many potentially realtives were in the
MN, WI, IA, IL area.

My great-grandfather, Ernst Friederich BARZ,  had an older half-sister,
Hanna Charlotte Friederica BARZ. She was born 1846 in Gross Dallenthin
Poland/Prussia and died 1898 in Joliet, Will Co. IL. She was married to
Albert NEUMANN when they emigrated to IL with her extended family. Albert's
birth date and location is unknown. We think the family, including  Hanna
and Albert, came as a group about 1881. We think Hanna and Albert had
several children, but the only name we have is Carl (Charles) NEUMANN.

Charlotte's birth mother was Sophie Elisabeth Laurette Raddatz, born 1825
and died abt. 1851 in Gross Dallenthin Poland/Prussia.  Charlotte had a full
sister named Caroline Wihelmine BARZ, born 1850 and died 1972 in
Henriettenthal, Prussia/Poland.

The father of all the Barz children was Ernst Theodor Erdmann BARZ. He was
born about 1825. He may have died prior to the emigration or on the way,
location unknown. His second wife, mother of 6 sons including my ancestor
and three daughters, was Casroline Justine BECKER. She born about 1832 in
Poland/Prussia and died about 1900 in Joliet, Will Co. IL.

We have the baptism and confirmation papers for my ancestor. He was baptised
1862 at the Royal Prussian-Pomeranian Church, Persazig Parish,
Poland/Prussia. It was registered by a Lutheran pastor, so I assume it was a
Lutheran Church. He was confirmed 1876 in Schochwerder. I assume this is
also a Lutheran church.
Location of the town was presumed to be in Poland/Prussia, but recent info
suggests it may have been a city near a seaport in northern Germany. The
family may have been enroute to the US when this happened.

I will be interested to learn if we connect. Your info might be helpful to
my BARZ "cousin" who is doing the primary research on this branch of our
family.

Best Regards,  Tricia M.