[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Evang. Kirche/Protestant church Manisty?

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Fri Nov 19 07:22:54 PST 2004

A Lutheran family living remotely from a parish centre probably kept its
faith.  They may even have been served by a pastor who travelled by from
time to time.  However, they would have been obligated, by the civil
government, to register their events at the Catholic Church.

I would encourage you to check the records of the Catholic Church to see if
you can find them.  In my own experience, my Hemminger ancestors lived at
Kochanow, east of Lodz, and their events from 1808 through 1826 (when the
Lutheran Church was established at Rawa) were registered at the Gluchow
Catholic Church.

At 12:43 AM 19/11/2004, Antje Mass wrote:
>Guten Morgen,
>
>habe nach ldngerer Suche wohl den Geburtsort eines Vorfahren ausfindig
>machen kvnnen. Es handelt sich m.E. bei Budy Manisty w Prussachum den Ort
>Manisty, den ich mit folgenden Angaben im Slownik geografniczny Krslestwa
>Polskiegofand:
>
>Manisty, wsi, pow. Mogilnicki, 61 mk, 25 ew., 36 kat., 18 analf. Poczta,
>tel. i st. kol. ?el. w Trzemesznie.
>
>Auch habe ich das zugehvrige katholische Kirchspiel herausgefunden; es
>muesste Strzyżewo Kościelne (Mogilno) sein. Da meine Vorfahren
>aber evangelisch waren und bei den Mormonen dazu keine Angaben gemacht
>sind, meine Frage an Euch. Hat evtl. jemand eine Idee, welche evangelische
>Kirche um 1800 zustdndig war?
>
>Vielen Dank im Voraus.
>
>Antje Mass
>
>English version:
>
>Hi,
>
>After looking for the birthplace of one of my ancestors, I think that Budy
>Manisty w Prussachcould be the Manisty I found in the "Slownik
>geografniczny Krslestwa Polskiego". It said:
>
>Manisty, wsi, pow. Mogilnicki, 61 mk, 25 ew., 36 kat., 18 analf. Poczta,
>tel. i st. kol. ?el. w Trzemesznie.
>
>Furthermore, I found out that the Catholic Church was in Strzyżewo
>Kościelne (Mogilno). Since my ancestors were, however, Protestant and
>no details are made at the LDS, I have no clue to which church they went.
>Therefore, does anyone have an idea which Protestant church at 1800 was
>responsible?
>
>Thanks in advance
>Antje

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta