[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Volhynian Baptists

Sig Matt sig.matt at juno.com
Fri Nov 19 22:44:47 PST 2004

A very interesting exchange about different faiths, Moravian Brethren,
Baptists etc.
Are there more specifics out there?
If so, where does one look to find out more about the origin and spread
of  the Baptist movement.
I am somewhat familiar with 3 different groups from different areas
and seeking to understand the wider picture.

My mother, Rosalie Klein was born 1902 in Nogath, Kr. Graudenz,
Westprussia. Her family group was scattered over a 10 to 20 km area
there, they were Baptists.

My siblings and I grew up in Kreuzburg, Eastprussia 1926-1947, there
was a Baptist group of Emigres that had left Volhynia post WWI.

In Germany 1948-51  I met a Baptist Minister who was born in Bessarabia,
who had relocated to Germany with his family during WWII.

Any relevant information is appreciated.

Sig Matt
sig.matt at juno.com