[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: [G-P-V] Tchechei; place-names

AlbertMuth at aol.com AlbertMuth at aol.com
Mon Nov 22 14:48:00 PST 2004

John,

I agree with Guenther that using the Sudetenland as a reference point is
probably not a good thing.

But it does not answer your question about the point of origin of many German
colonists in the parishes of Wladyslawow, Turek, Aleksandrow, Zgierz,
Konstantynow, Pabianice, just to name some that I have looked at where the
region of
origin is X village w Czechach.  I believe I have also seen the nominative
case spelling Czechia.  Note that I am referring to information given in
marriage
records of the 1840's and 1850's.

Now, I just happen to have a project on the back burner.  I am neither a map
guru, nor an expert in political administrative changes.  BUT, I *do* have a
list of villages of origin that are associated with Czechia, one that I
created
as I noticed the high numbers of individuals from this area.  I would like to
know where the villages are so that I can work on verifying them in the
appropriate genealogical gazetteers.  They are:

Bennsdorf
Bertzdorf (Friedland)
Birkstein
Braunau
Budweis
Friedland
Fulnak (Moravia)
Gablenz
Gross-bokken
Grosswehl
G|nterdorff
Heinersdorf (Friedland)
Hoefke
Karolinsthal
Kvniggratz
Kvnigshof
Kratzau
Kreubitzerneudorf
Lervin
Markersdorf
Morgenstern
Neustadt
Noschwitz (Weinstatek)
Pladlebitz
Quelisch
Reichenau
Reichenberg
Rumburg
Schwabs
Warnodorf
Wartenburg
Weiksdorf
Wetzwalde
Wolfsberg
Wuenschendorf (Friedland)
Zwickau

Guenther, any help would be appreciated!

Al Muth