[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Dreger

AlbertMuth at aol.com AlbertMuth at aol.com
Mon Nov 29 16:01:28 PST 2004

Kapczynski occurs frequently in several different Lutheran parishes in
Russian Poland including Babiak, Wloclawek and Gostynin.  Several of these, not
necessarily all, show an origin in Schlesien.

The surname may look superficially to be Polish, but since all individuals by
that name that I know of are all marrying German Lutherans, the Kapczynskis
have been integrated into that society since before the records start (at least
the ones that I have seen).

An older cousin told me 30 some years ago that Germans would spell the name
ending in -SKY.  I cannot vouch for the veracity of that statement; it may hold
for the German Rutkowsky, Laskowsky and Koslovsky families that married into
my own family in the Detroit area (all originating, I think, in West Prussia),
but I am not sure even about this--the spelling may have crystalized in the
USA.  In Russian Poland, where Lutheran records are written in Polish or
Russian, all are spelled -SKI.

al muth