[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] towns in Volhynia

Howard Krushel krushelh at telus.net
Sat Oct 2 11:47:22 PDT 2004

Neu Shadkowka could very likely be Nowa Rzadkowka; this is the Polish
spelling and the "Rz" sound was difficult to pronounce and write,for the
Germans and others as well; it was often written as Schadkowka; Rzadkowka is
situated 2 km. north of Novograd Volhynski and New/Neu/Nowa Rzadkowka is
another 3 km. north of there.
Howard Krushel

> At 01:10 AM 02/10/2004, Mike and Tana Laudolff wrote:
> >WOULD ANYONE HAVE ANY THOUGHTS AS TO WHERE IN vOLHYNIA THESE TOWNS ARE
> >LOCATED: NEU SHATKOWKA / NIESPODZIANKA / ANTONIJEW. I AM NOT ABLE TO PIN
POINT
> >THEM, BUT WOULD THINK THEY WERE IN THE ZHITIMOR PARISH.
> >
> >I TOOK THE SPELLING OFF THE ST. PETER'S RECORD LISTING FOR KITZMAN
FAMILY.