[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] English translation of Joachim

Otto otto at schienke.com
Mon Oct 4 09:58:45 PDT 2004

Names-Names-Names-

Most of our relatives were 'bible thumpers'.
As pastoral farm communities, the 'good book' served as their locus of
function.
It set forth rules of interrelationship allowing urbanization.
It served as their social construct. The grain of sand around which a
pearl is formed.
Hence the selection of 'Bible', ie. Hebraic names, on the part of group
participants.
Their 'world' was as real to them as ours is to us.
The URL will offer some very basic meanings of the names, regardless if
used as a 'given' or 'surname'.

http://www.bubbaboo.com/baby-names.asp?ori=Hebrew

Richard O. Schienke
...  Otto

                     " The Zen moment..." wk. of September 19, 2004-