[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: Ger-Poland-Volhynia Digest, Vol 17, Issue 3

rbbtfarm rbbtfarm at wavecable.com
Mon Oct 4 23:33:10 PDT 2004

> Hi Gail,

Joachim seems familiar to me. I have done some extensive Bible studies and I
think I have either seen it there (Old Testament ?) or heard it through my
daughter. She married in the Jewish faith. You might check for clues along
those lines. It could be an Jewish form of more commonly known Christian
(Latin) names. Possibly it is the same as Joseph.
Good hunting. Hope this helps,  Tricia M.

> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 11:17:59 EDT
> From: Gswilson19 at aol.com
> Subject: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] English translation of Joachim
> To: ger-poland-volhynia at eclipse.sggee.org
>
> Is there an English translation of Joachim?  I am still not sure of  the
name
> of my great great grandfather.  I just received a marriage license  which
> states the fathers name is Joachim.  He appears on the 1880 census as
Joseph,