[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: Joachim

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Tue Oct 5 00:22:09 PDT 2004

rbbtfarm schrieb:

>Joachim seems familiar to me. I have done some extensive Bible studies and I
>think I have either seen it there (Old Testament ?) or heard it through my
>daughter. She married in the Jewish faith. You might check for clues along
>those lines. It could be an Jewish form of more commonly known Christian
>(Latin) names. Possibly it is the same as Joseph.
>Good hunting. Hope this helps,  Tricia M.

Hi everybody,
JOACHIM is the German, English and French spelling of the
old-testamentarian king JOJACHIM of Juda (-609 to -597 when he had to
subjugate to the Babylonian army of king Nebukadnezar). A second
biblical event of JOJACHIM is the father of St. Mary (Saint, grandfather
of Jesus; his grandmother was St. Anna). The Italian spelling is
GIOACCHINO (think of Rossini), the spanish one JOAQUMN, the Portugese
one JOAQUIM. The abbrevated German forms are JOCHEN, JOCHEM, JOCHIM and
ACHIM, JOCKEL and JOCKI (Swiss German). The Skandinavian abbrevation is
KIM, the Russian one AKIM. An English abbrevation is JACK though more
common for JACOB[US].

Guenther
of Hilden, Germany