[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Samuel Nickel (was Re: no subject)

richard benert benovich at imt.net
Sun Oct 17 11:18:49 PDT 2004

In the bibliography of his own "Die Deutschen in Wolhynien", Arndt lists
this book as written by "Simon Nikel".  He says it was published by the
Staatsverlag der nationalen Minderheiten der UdSSR.   This is somewhat
interesting.  A government publication office for minorities in the Soviet
Union?  At the very time that Stalin's regime was trying to suppress
minorities like the Germans?

So was his name Simon or Samuel?

Dick Benert