[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Sugar Beets

Mary Ann Warnecke mawarnecke at comcast.net
Fri Oct 22 12:34:41 PDT 2004

I recall a number of sugar beet farms near Lansing Michigan area. I have found
many of the friends of my Grandparents in Lansing were from Volhynia area. I
remember the discussions the adults had when they gathered together Sunday
afternoons about having worked in the sugar beet farms when they first came to
the area. My Grandfather came to Lansing about 1913 and worked in the
factories.
There must have been some kind of communications between the people in the
Lansing area and the friends and relatives in the Ukraine about digging sugar
beets.
Mary Ann Warnecke