[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Nix vs: Nicht

Margrit Weigel Margrit.Weigel at gmx.de
Sun Oct 31 10:43:02 PST 2004

Annegret is right that NIX means "nothing", although it is
not very common to write it in this way. Correctly it would be
"nichts". The German word for sea siren is "Nixe".

If this "NIX" is really written in capital letters, I guess that it is
an abbreviation for something or somebody.

best regards

Margrit Weigel

I received the following question from a young relative and I provided an

--
Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail + 3 Top-Spielfilme auf DVD
++ Jetzt kostenlos testen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail ++