[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Dill hot spot

Ednadill at aol.com Ednadill at aol.com
Thu Sep 2 18:46:34 PDT 2004

Hello listers,
    I just wanted to send a quick note on my  progress with the Dill surname.
 As some of you know, I have done the  majority of my work in the Lipno
Parish.  On a guess and a suggestion from  Jerry I ordered 3 films from the FHL.
The Kirchenbuch 1696-1865- for the  areas around Torun, especially Grebocin and
Rogowo. These areas seem to be the  Holy Grail of the Dill community.  I have
been in contact with some of  you who are also researching the Dill name and
will share what I can  if you want to send a note.  I am trying to make copies
of each Dill  individually and also the indexes.  I made 79 copies the first
3 hours  I looked at the FIRST film alone.  A little overwhelming when I was
used to six or so per film.
    Good luck to all.  You know where I'll  be for the next couple of weeks!
Regards,
Erik Dill