[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] ENGEL surname

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Mon Sep 6 11:18:22 PDT 2004

South Russia is a vague descriptive term that applies to a vast area north
of the Black Sea.  There is no specific boundary to it but Volhynia and
Podolia I believe are generally considered not in that region.

You will probably need to have details about a specific location or at
least a parish and you may need to get info back to about 1885 or earlier
for effective research.

Go to http://www.odessa3.org/search.html , use the first search box and set
the data category to "St. Petersburg Archives".  Then you can search for
all ENGELs pre 1885 that are recorded in the Lutheran records.

At 11:53 AM 06/09/2004, ENEA59 at aol.com wrote:
>Searching for any ENGEL's that were in South Russia up until about 1920 and
>may have resettled, moved, etc.They were German of Evangelical Lutheran faith.
>
>Thanks
>Rene'

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca