[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: Listserv Coverage & Life in Volhynia

GVLESS at aol.com GVLESS at aol.com
Mon Sep 6 20:50:48 PDT 2004

I will respond to both subjects tonight.  For my comments on obtaining
"stories" about Life in Volhynia, especially the subjects that relate to folklore,
of course, I am interested in collecting that from our ancestors who once lived
in Volhynia.  But most of them were there after they once lived in Poland.
So I would think some of the family lore would include both areas in many ways.
 I would certainly like to hear about those who have interest of the Germans
in Poland as well as Volhynia.  But - I would like to have someone work with
me in this project as well.  So if there is someone out there who has Poland as
a major interest let me know and we then can see what can be accomplished in
collecting some of the history of our GR people from these areas together
.
As for the "words of frustration" correction on "donnervetter", yes I stand
corrected.  But when given this information, please, please provide an English
translation as well.
Thank you!    I think the above word means "thunder weather" or something
like that so perhaps that is why I used the first part as such, not knowing the
German term.
I do think it would be fun to have a collection of favorite sayings as well
as words used by our ancestors.  It will be great to review them when I get
them compiled and ready for some kind of distribution.  Every little tidbit about
our ancestors can make our own family histories more interesting.  So - do
respond.  And tell us then if they were more or less of Volhynian-German
background or Polish-German.
Thank you all for your interest.
Virginia Less