[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Wolwachowka

John Rauchert jfrauchert at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 7 12:37:41 PDT 2004

I was looking around the web today and came across this page on the Wolhynien-Forum:

http://www.f27.parsimony.net/forum66914/messages/1443.htm

In this discussion it talks about an entry for Wolwachowka in a source Pingoud.  I am not familar with this source (I have come across a reference to an Ortslist of G. Pingoud, 1909).

Could someone tell me what is the exact source for this information, whether the google translation below is a reasonable translation, if you have ready access to the source whether this is a complete rendering of the entry for Wolwachowka and anything else anyone wants to add about the entry (like what dt. stands for).

Original:

Es gab um 1904/1905 den Ort "Wolwachowka" im Kirchspiel Shitomir (Quelle: PINGOUD):
Wolwachowka, dt. Eigent|mer, 370 evang. Einwohner, Bethaus, Schule mit 67 Sch|lern, der Pastor besuchte den Ort 2x im Jahr, zu diesem Ort gehvrten die Nachbarsiedlungen:
[Wolwachowka mit] Dobri Kunt, dt. Eigent|mer und [Wolwachowka mit] Macharowka, Pachtkolonie

Google Translation:

There was the place around 1904/1905 "Wolwachowka" in the Kirchspiel Shitomir (source: PINGOUD):
Wolwachowka, dt. owner, 370 evang. Inhabitant, praying house, school with 67 pupils, the minister visited the place 2x in the year, to this place belonged the neighbour settlements:
[ Wolwachowka with ] Dobri Kunt, dt. owners and [ Wolwachowka with ] Macharowka, lease colony

Thanks in advance,

John F Rauchert
RAUCHERT, SCHLESE, HENKE, RAPSCH/RABSCH