[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] born "w Kolonii Lachy"

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sun Sep 12 13:06:06 PDT 2004

The most probable location is your #4.

One of 2 possibilities can be used to explain Kolonii.

First, it is often used as a descriptive term rather than a full part of
the name.  As we would say in English, the settlement of Lachy, or the
colony of Lachy, one might say in Polish the colony Lachy.

A second possibility, in this case very likely, is that there was a name
change.  My map show #4 as Nowe Lachy.  I have seen many instances where a
place name that had Kolonia or Niemieckie as a descriptive part of the name
changed to Nowe.

I think that your research should be extended to this village.