[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Customs and Traditions of Volhynians

Claudia Kittel dougclau at cybertime.net
Sun Sep 12 21:45:26 PDT 2004

Well, let me try to access my high school German.  "Klein" is an
adjective meaning "amall" or "little", however, "Schliinger" escapes me.
But in Eastern Germany you remember there were Jews as well, and perhaps
the languages were mixed up in some places.  It would be like the states
of Missouri or Tennessee, for example.  They are located in the Central
United States, and so maybe some people would have a Southern Accent and
some would not.  In Canada, it would be the English mixed with French in
some spots.  So confusion of languages doesn't surprise me.  The word
"kleiner" is something like a masculine form of the adjective in German.
I know I'm mixing this up, but I am dealing with about three subjects at
once, and so that is how my mind is working.
Claudia Kittel