[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Trying to locate-Metzlaff

Robin D. Dombrowsky rgdom1 at gate.net
Sun Apr 10 10:30:31 PDT 2005

Margaret,

     Found your people in 1900 in Suffolk County, New York.  Reinhard was
working at a button factory.  By the way, the other Metzlaff family with
them in Ohio in 1880 (possibly Reinhard's father and mother) are living
four pages away in the 1900 census.
Reinhard, Wilhelmina, Charles (Carl), two other children, and one
grandchild are living in Babylon Township, Suffolk County, NY, ED735, sheet
8, 39B.  Henry Metzlaff and his family living next door to widow, Johanna,
are at sheet 12, 43A.

Have fun,

Robin

death records. They had one daughter who sent a postcard to a cousin
> in 1912 from Lindenhurst LI NY
> to say she had had a baby.  No mention of date of birth, sex of child,
nothing. Wonder how she got to Lindenhurst?  I have found others with that
name, but no information to connect them.  Can anyone tell me where to turn
or where to look.  I am really curious if many of them returned