[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Russian or polish church records for Lipno? (was: BERLIN ARCHIVES LETTER TRANSLATED)

Uwe Kerntopf family at kerntopf.com
Mon Aug 1 13:05:22 PDT 2005

Hello together,

ger-poland-volhynia-request at eclipse.sggee.org schrieb:
> From: "Michael & Maureen McHenry" <maurmike at bellatlantic.net>
> This is my point you would expect the records to be Russian. However besides
> the pre 1867 films and confirmation records I don't think the Mormons have
> any post 1867 BMD for Lipno. Is it possible the Russians made an exception
> for Lipno?

no, the records are in russian language and kyrillic letters.

I could tell you from which date the records are in russian. Too, from
which date the records are in german (during WW I) and then after WW I
in polish again. But I already put nearly all genealogical stuff in
boxes, because we will move this month in our new house.
Why I know that? I took a look into the duplicates, which are stored in
Berlin, as I told before. And the duplicates are word for word identical
with the content of the original books.

Bye
Uwe

--