[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] BERLIN ARCHIVES LETTER TRANSLATED

PnSWork at aol.com PnSWork at aol.com
Mon Aug 1 20:15:39 PDT 2005

We ordered some birth records (for my great-grandparents - born in 1881 and
1885 respectively) from the Polish archives many years ago .  Although the
original records were written in Russian (we have since seen a microfilm of the
original records), the certificates that they sent us were on a printed form
in  Polish.  I think what they're saying is that the copies that they provide
would be in Polish.  The Polish archives have a very strong bias towards  the
Polish language. :-(

I would hazard a strong opinion that the original is most probably in
Russian, but they will most probably not provide a photocopy of the  orginal.
Rather, they will provide a transcript of the record, and that  transcript will be
in Polish on a pre-printed form.

Take care,

    -Paul

In a message dated 8/1/2005 9:38:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time,