[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] ST Pete Records Zhitomir

Dave Obee daveobee at shaw.ca
Fri Aug 5 20:22:38 PDT 2005

Re:

> Happ, August  and Schmidt, Wilhelmine
> on the  29 Sep 1882  in Zhitomer Parish
> 1897596/1 660  232
>
> I'm trying to deduce if this could have been the marriage
> of my ancestors August Hupp and his wife Wilhelmine Schmidt.

--- I took a look at the microfilm; I would make it Hupp rather than Happ.
The original records were in German, but the only information included is
what is shown in the index.

> >From the SGGEE website page
> "Lutheran Records for Volhynia, Podolia, and Kiev"
> I would think I need Film 1884096 but when I look at the FHL website
> this Film seems to be the Kirchenbuchduplikat, 1833-1885.

--- 1884096 is for 1862, not 1882. The number of the film you need is shown
in the extract that you provided. It's 1897596. And has been noted, yes,
it's the Kirchenduplikat.

> A note on this record says
>
> "These records are indexed in: The Lutherans of Russia: parish index to
> the church books of the Evangelical Lutheran Consistory of St.
> Petersburg,
> 1833-1885, vol. 1 / by Thomas Kent Edlund."
>
> Does anybody know if this Index is still available and where to get it?

--- The book does not index individual names. It sorts the films into
parishes and years. You would use it to determine which microfilms have
Shitomir, and so on.

Dave Obee