[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Dedezius Birth Record

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 13 10:44:58 PST 2005

George:

I assume you mean 1874.  The DEDEZIUS surname is very unusual and I have not seen it before.  There are only 23 Internet hits with a GOOGLE search.  The name does not appear in any of the SGGEE databases except as submitted by you.

Can you give us a bit of background information?  Would she have been Lutheran German or was she Catholic or perhaps even Baptist?  Do you have certain evidence that she was born in Volhynia or did she migrate there with her parents as an infant or young child?

Do you know what village they lived in within the Rowno parish or province?  Do you know where her family migrated from?  Some Germans moved north from Galicia and this might be a name with origins there.

Jerry Frank