[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] German-Poland-Volhynia - Shitomir Protestant Church Community

JSchu9014 at aol.com JSchu9014 at aol.com
Tue Feb 1 18:59:37 PST 2005

After waiting almost 3 years, I finally received a response from
Russlanddeutsche Forschungsstelle (Research on Russia Germans), Arbeitsgemeinschaft
ostdeutscher Familienforscher.  They stated they had no records that could help but
gave me two addresses where I may find information.  I thought I would share
them with all of you and at the same time ask a question.  Here are the
addresses:

1. State Archive for the Schitomir Area:
Gosudarstvennyj archiv Schitomirskoj oblasti
ul. K. Liebknecht 17
262001 Schitomir
Ukraina

2. Shitomir Protestant Church Community:
Natalia Schreder (V.GR)
10014 Shitomir 14
P.O. Box 104
Ukraina

My question is regarding the second address.  Has anyone every heard of this
organization and/or written to them and received a response?  This is a new
address to me and my collection of addresses.

Also, Ms Wenzke, stated that when writing we must include two International
Response Coupons and the Ukrainian language is the only language they will
accept.  Is there any place where one can have a letter translated to Ukrainian?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Janice Schultz

Searching:  HAUPT, MINCHO, STOLL OR STOHL, GROENKE, SCHULTZ, GIERTZ,
RATHFELDER, GANGNUS,   DOWEIDT, STEINBECK, ELLERBRUCH