[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] German-Poland-Volhynia - Shitomir ProtestantChurch Community

Dave Obee daveobee at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 1 22:20:46 PST 2005

Over the years several Zhitomir residents have emerged as being good
researchers in the archives there. (A few have revealed themselves to be
hopeless, but that's another matter.)

I think it would make more sense to deal with them -- and yes, they expect
payment, but it's not unreasonable -- than to try to work with organizations
there directly. The researchers I know have email and speak English, so that
eliminates a lot of the frustration and delays, not to mention the hassle of
translating into and out of Ukrainian.

Not quite the answer you were looking for, but possibly more helpful...

Dave Obee