[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Reading polish church records

Rose Ingram roseingram at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 2 09:29:39 PST 2005

Rachel,

Your Family History Center may have a copy of the Polish Genealogical Word
List which you could copy.  I found this very helpful when it started
reading Polish written records.  It contain most of the necessary 'buzz'
words needed for translation.

If not, you can also find this list at the www.familysearch.org website.
Click the "Search" tab, then "Research Helps", then choose the letter "P"
from the alphabetial list.  The Word List should be about half way down the
page.  You can either print out all the pages, or  order the pamphlet
on-line if you wish.

Rose Ingram

From: Rachel