[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Mager Family stories: Petrykiw, Ternopol area

Todd/Randi Bender bender.t at sasktel.net
Wed Feb 9 06:31:46 PST 2005

Hi,
It has been a number  of years since I have posted, but have a few more pieces of the puzzle.
I have some documentation on my g-g-grandfather where he writes he was born in a)Peter Kof  b)Kopan  c)Dzutue(sp?)  d)Dubno and e)Poland with the children being born in Kamienna Werba.
The stories I have heard were from my Nana, who recalls being "forced" to learn German in school, a cousin tells of my Nana talking about White Russia and she also told me a story of her and her brother hiding in the closet the night the Bolsheviks came. My Nana was born in 1903 and emigrated in spring 1911.
I have to assume then that German was not the native tongue of the family. But do these stories fit with the locations given by her father?
Any suggestions or directions appreciated,
Randi Bender