[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Volhynia Villages

Rose Ingram roseingram at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 16 16:18:29 PST 2005

Today I had the opportunity to help a friend start her genealogy research.
To my surprise she has two ancestral lines who state birth place in
Volhynia.

A typed 1917 Manitoba birth record of a child states the mother's birth
place as Lugardin Wolienger, Russia.   Any guesses as to what Lugardin may
be?  The mother is shown as Lieda Stebner.
The father is Edward Lips born in Bularka, Wolienger, Russian.  It is
possible the name Lips may have been shorted from Lipstein and he may be of
Jewish orgin.

Rose Ingram