[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Surname WILDEMANN, THIERGARTH

Dan dbuss at pathcom.com
Thu Feb 17 16:10:19 PST 2005

Looks like I've stumbled upon a great web site. I hope someone will be able to
help me get past a roadblock. I have good information on my father's ancestry,
Emil BUSS, but I can't get past my grandparents on my mother's side. Mother
was Albertine WILDEMANN, born 7 June 1894 (new style) in Zhitomir, Volhynia,
and came to Canada early 1913, along with 2 cousins - Rose and Carl WILDEMANN
(apparently brother and sister).  According to Mom's marriage certificate, her
father was August WILDEMANN (farmer), and her mother was Augustine THIERGARTH
(as best as I can decipher the writing).
Both may have been born around 1872, nor do I know where. Emil and Albertine
were of the Evangelical Lutheran faith.  I would also like to hear from
someone who knows about Rose or Carl. Notations in the Ship's Passenger List
say Rose was going to her brother-in-law, and Carl to his brother, so there
must have been earlier emigrations to Canada by 2 different families.  Thanks.
Daniel Buss