[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: Volhynia Villages

Paul Rakow rakow at ifh.de
Sat Feb 19 11:52:38 PST 2005

      Rose,

         The village list from the Sammlung Leibbrandt lists
  Ljugardin and Lugardia as two names for the same village, which
  agree with the other answers you have.

       I'm interested in this village as Lugardin is what my great-grandfather,
  Otto Radke, gave as his last residence on his homestead papers in Alberta.
  Unfortunately I don't have any information for you about other families
  in the village. There were apparently about 375 Germans there in 1904,
  just before my ancestors left.

            Paul Rakow
            rakow at ifh.de