Fw: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] surname SEL(L)INGERGer-Poland-VolhyniaDigest,

BobF bfand at worldnet.att.net
Sat Feb 19 21:17:25 PST 2005

Howard
Its been a number of  years now since I worked on that line and
im not certain at the moment if I found that connection myself
or if another researcher supplied it to me. That Selinger line had
come into the Liliopol area and then later moved on to Plock.
There seems to be 2 periods of migration from the eastern Brandenburg
area into central Poland and it appears that there might even be the
possibility
in some cases of it being something like a secondary wave of people with the
same surnames coming from the same towns but 20 -30 years later, with the
first ones coming in the late 1770s and the others then coming in the very
early 1800s. That dual time period migration was occuring in the area from
Babiak to Dabie with quite a few coming from the Driesen area of
Brandenburg.

The Zyrardow area also had quite a bit of its settlers coming from
Brandenburg,
but there were also a goodly amount of second generation colonists coming
there who had earlier been in the Babiak, Kolo and Lodz areas.
There was a sizeable migration from Zyrardow to Volhynia so there would no
doubt be quite a few families in Volhynia who's families had earlier come
from or through Brandenburg.

Bob