[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Pommer and Kluge

gpvjem gpvjem at sasktel.net
Mon Feb 21 08:54:26 PST 2005

    Is it possible that Swaroff might be Zwierow aka Schwierow found in Luck county?  This part ot Volhynia was in Rozyszcze parish until 1899 when Luzk parish was formed.

John Marsch

----------------------------------

  Swaroff is probably a mistranscription of Swiczow / Swojczow which is
  located about 16 km due east of Wladimir Wolhynsk.

  >Presumably, these villages (Borthar, Swiczow, Swaroff) are all in the
  >Rozyszcze Parish, but I have not had any success in locating them on
  >a map.

  Only places starting with B in this area are Barbarow and Boza Wola.

  >Luitsk is listed as the birthplace of Michael and Frederika's eldest
  >child, Paulina. Is this modern day Lodz?

  No.  This is almost certainly Lutzk / Luck, a large town about 18 km SSE of
  Rozyszcze.