[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] surname Schmalz, Ehmann ( Eimann ) place Plotzk

Klaus-Guenter Leiss LeissKG at web.de
Thu Feb 24 10:36:22 PST 2005

I'm looking for Information about my Greatgrandparents.

August Wilhelm Schmalz
Born approx. 1849 according to ship records in New-York
arriving on January 04, 1908 he did give his age as 59.
The same record gives his place of birth as Brezinitz in
Russia. According to my Grandparents Stammblatt from
the EWZ he was born in Plotzk ( no year of birth given ).
Does anybody know a village named Brezinitz near Plotzk.
His religion is given as lutheran.
In a russian purchase contract from Lutzk, his name is
given as August Wilhelm Bogumilow Schmalz. I think this
would mean that his fathers given name was Bogumil or
more likely Gottlieb.

His wife

Christine Ehmann ( Eman, Eimann )
In the certificate of birth of her daughter ( written in Polish )
her name is given as Krystyny Eman. In a later translation to
german her name is written as Christine Eman.
In the certificate of marriage of her daughter her name is
written Christine Ehmann.
In my  Grandparents Stammblatt from the EWZ her name
was given as Christine Eimann born in Plotzk. There was
also no year of birth given for her. Her religion is given as
lutheran.

When they lived near Kovel their church was
Evangelisch-Augsburgisch.

In the St. Pete records on the web, I found three children from
them. Is it likely that there are more information in the original
records than in the summary on the web.

Klaus Leiss