[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] surname Hupp, Schmidt ( Schmidtke ) place name Alexandri, Diaschnio

Klaus-Guenter Leiss LeissKG at web.de
Thu Feb 24 10:36:31 PST 2005

I'm looking for Information about my Greatgrandparents.

August Friedrich Hupp
According to family lore he was born February 1860,
and the name of his father was Friedrich August.
According to my Grandparents Stammblatt from
the EWZ he was born near Alexandri in 1860.
His religion in the Stammblatt is lutheran.

His wife

Wilhelmine Schmidt ( Schmidtke )
Born December 1860 according to family lore.
In the certificate of christening of her son her name
is given as Wilhelmine Schmidt. In the certificate of
marriage of her son her name is also Wilhelmine
Schmidt. In my  Grandparents Stammblatt from the
EWZ her name was given as Wilhelmine Schmidtke
born in Diaschnio ( the second character is illegible).
The year of birth could be 1860, there is no number
given but there are inverted commas meaning "same
as above" but they are not clearly under the year.
Her religion is given as lutheran.

The Family lived near Totowitsch in Volhynia, are the
villages mentioned above somewhere in Volhynia.

Klaus Leiss