[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] surname Hupp, Schmidt ( Schmidtke ) place name Alexandri, Diaschnio

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Thu Feb 24 12:33:33 PST 2005

At 11:36 AM 24/02/2005, Klaus-Guenter Leiss wrote:
>I'm looking for Information about my Greatgrandparents.
>
>August Friedrich Hupp
>According to family lore he was born February 1860,
>and the name of his father was Friedrich August.
>According to my Grandparents Stammblatt from
>the EWZ he was born near Alexandri in 1860.
>His religion in the Stammblatt is lutheran.
>
>His wife
>
>Wilhelmine Schmidt ( Schmidtke )
>Born December 1860 according to family lore.
>In the certificate of christening of her son her name
>is given as Wilhelmine Schmidt. In the certificate of
>marriage of her son her name is also Wilhelmine
>Schmidt. In my  Grandparents Stammblatt from the
>EWZ her name was given as Wilhelmine Schmidtke
>born in Diaschnio ( the second character is illegible).
>The year of birth could be 1860, there is no number
>given but there are inverted commas meaning "same
>as above" but they are not clearly under the year.
>Her religion is given as lutheran.
>
>The Family lived near Totowitsch in Volhynia, are the
>villages mentioned above somewhere in Volhynia.

St. Pete records show and Auguste Huppe born to Carl H. and Karoline
Terlick, 1868 in Alexandri.  According to a sequential search, this
Alexandri = Alexandria, on the north side of the Horyn River, about 14 km
NNE of Rowno.  Another Huppe family is noted in later years to be living a
little further north at Berestowiec.

Diaschnio is probably Draschno / Derazno, a larger market town about 30 km
NNW of Rowno.

The family probably migrated later to Totowitsch / Totowice which is about
82 km N or Rowno (16 km W of Sarny).

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca