[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] surname Schmalz, Ehmann ( Eimann ) place Plotzk

Klaus-Guenter Leiss LeissKG at web.de
Thu Feb 24 16:29:17 PST 2005

> At 11:36 AM 24/02/2005, Klaus-Guenter Leiss wrote:
<snip>

> I could not find a place like Brezinitz.  My best guess is that the
> correct spelling would be Brzeznice or Brzezniec but there is nothing
> like that in the Plock region.
The only place near Plock that sounded somewhere like that I found is
Brzeziny at  N52/20 E37/39 according to Ferro or N52/20 E19/59 if
my math is correct.

> SGGEE databases indicate that there were a couple of Ehman / Ehmann
> families in the Plock parish including a Kristine born about 1840.  I
> only found one Schmalz in the Plock region but there were several
> families just south of the river from there in the Gostynin parish.
Okay I found them. There are some from Brzeznica, Plock, Warszawa,
Poland. I found
August Wilhelm Schmalz born in Brzeznica, Plock, Warszawa, Poland
on 6 Nov 1851 Father Gottlieb Jakob Schmalz. I think this could be
the right Person, but to be sure I have to find his marriage Info.

> Since there seems to be a fairly firm and definite connection to the
> Plock parish, I would suggest you research microfilms from there as
> listed at http://sggee.org/Films/PlockLutFilms
 I think I have to find their Marriage. It should have happened before
1870 because their second child was born 1873.

> About the only thing you will find on the original St. Pete record
> that is not on the extraction are the names of the godparents and
> perhaps the occupation of the father.  However, because this is an
> extraction, we recommend that you always get an original copy to
> verify the information which could have errors.

I planned to get the Original Records sometime

Thanks for the answers

Klaus Leiss