[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] surname Hupp, Schmidt ( Schmidtke ) place name Alexandri, Diaschnio

Klaus - Guenter Leiss LeissKG at web.de
Thu Feb 24 16:29:26 PST 2005

> In the St.Pete's records you will find as well the birth of Rudolph
> Hupp Aug 4th,1883 in Tolowice as son of August Hupp and Wilhelmine
> Schmidt! These are your people! I haven't yet found this Tolowice, but
> I guess that Jerry maybe right with his guess! Another possibility
> could be Jelowice which is close to Derazno.
>
> Margrit

I know this record, he is probably the eldest son. The only difficulty
is that the family history places his birth at August 26th 1883. But
we have no paper record for this and this may be the date of his
christening. I planned to get this record in the original. I assumed
that the Tolowice was a transcriber error. All other children are
born in varius villages near Totowice / Totowitsch. One village
known for the older children is Dembowa Gora ( aka Eichberg )
another for some younger is Szademle ( Kreis Sarny ). I may
try to get his EWZ record but are not sure if this Information is
enough.

Klaus Leiss