[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] New look for the SGGEE website

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 27 18:47:54 PST 2005

We are pleased to announce a new look for the SGGEE website.

After some seven years of tireless dedication to creating and looking after
the original site, Gary Warner has turned the reigns over to me.  We thank
him for his dedication and commitment.  He will continue to look after the
databases by collecting, adding, correcting, and merging data in them.

For the past four months we have put countless hours into making the
transition to the new format.  Special thanks to Irene Kopetzke for her
underlying site design.  She created the basic layout and then was very
patient with me as I learned much about site design and maintenance from
her example and instruction.  She also helped me find all the mistakes (or
at least most of them) which I made with the German pages.  She, with the
assistance of Gerhard Koenig, will continue to be involved with the
maintenance of the German language pages and the creation of new ones.

The site displays the new logo designed by Les Ollenburg.  Les is a
professional artist who did a great job in creating a simple logo with
significant meaning.  Thank you Les.

We also had the help of Klaus Leiss, Ray Bloch, and Paul Work with changes
and additions to the German language pages.  Still others helped with
evaluating and proofing the site, too many to mention.  We thank them for
their efforts and assistance.

Matt Warner provided invaluable assistance in the technical aspects of the
change and continues to ensure that ALL our computer systems remain in good
working order.

Yours truly transferred the material from the original site to the new and
reformatted them as required to suit.

Most of the material on the new site is identical to the old.  We have
relocated some material to better reflect a logical indexing system but you
should have no trouble finding what you are looking for.

With any change of this type involving literally hundreds of pages of
material, there are bound to be some glitches.  Please let me know if you
find any broken links, spelling or grammar errors, etc. which may
occur.  We would like to correct them to ensure that we have a professional
looking site.  In particular we are presently experiencing some problems
with the appearance of the search report pages.  Please bear with us as we
work through them.

An important note for Explorer users:  please set your "text view" feature
to "medium" for best viewing.

As with any change in control over material such as this, you will continue
to see changes to the site over the next few months.  I want to assure you
that in all I do, it is my intention to maintain the ease of use and the
integrity of the site and to build on the legacy that Gary built up in the
past years.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca