[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Sawatzki of Gross Pötzdorf

David Wade dalo at cheqnet.net
Sun Jan 2 10:06:53 PST 2005

I am trying to find information about my grandmother, Charlotte
Sawatzki,  born August 11, 1868,  in church village, Gross Pvtzdorf:
District, Osterode.  Polish name, Pacoltowo, also, Petzdorf.  She came
to America in 1886.  Several of her brother's came also: Gottfried
(born Oct. 7, 1858), John (born June 24, 1853) and Fred (born Nov. 11,
1850.  Fred married Mary Schiller, Sept, 1875 in East Prussia before
coming to America.  My grandmother, Charlotte (Lotte) married my
grandfather, August Schalla, April, 1886 or 1889 in Wisconsin.

I do know that my grandmother and her brothers were all born in East
Prussia.  I would like to find out what the parents names were.  Can
anyone help with information or suggestions?

Thank  you,
Lois Schalla Wade