[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Surname origins

Barbara Cooper bdaelick at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 19 13:04:02 PST 2005

Hi there!
I have a lot of questions for this mailing list but I'll start with my
toughest.  Can anyone tell me if the the origins of the surname Daelick?  That
is the Canadian spelling, I had my Great Great Grandfathers Russian Military
papers translated and the translator said the spelling of his name was Kalenic
Deylik. She said that the end could be either ck or just k.  The papers said
he was descended from peasants of village Tatarovka, district Olgopol,
province Podolia, Russia, which I know is in present day Ukraine.  I believe
he married my Gr. Gr. Grandmother Eva Klein in the Rovna area.  He was
Christian Orthodox and she was Lutheran so I'm not sure which church records
to look in for record of their marriage.  He never learned to speak English so
not a lot of information is known about him from his granchildren.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Barbara Cooper