[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: Emigration to or through Canada ? for Ger-Poland-Volhynia Digest, Vol 20, Issue 16

rbbtfarm rbbtfarm at wavecable.com
Wed Jan 19 21:29:51 PST 2005

Brick Wall......help.....on my Ger-Poland-Prussian line.

Searches for the BARZ (Bartz) family on passenger lists to the US has
revealed nothing. Best guess is they emigrated 1881, plus or minus 2 years.
Would a Poland to Canadian to US emigration be a possible route? The family
settled near Chicago IL. Where would I go to find records ?  Are they online
?

Can anyone tell me about the Royal Prussian Pomeranian Church and/or
Persanzig Parish ?  Would this be Catholic and would there still be records
available ? (where & how ?)

The family was Lutheran and my ancestor was
Ernst F. (Freidrich) BARZ. We have documents for his baptism 22 July 1862 at
the Royal Prussian Pomeranian Church Persazig Parish. It was registered on 6
April 1876 by a Lutheran Pastor (location ?). Another document has his
confirmation 1 October 1876 in Schochwerder (Germany ?).

His family is believed to have emigrated as a family group with most or all
of the children.
Parents:
Ernst Theodor Erdman(n) BARZ (BARTZ), b. abt. 1825; d. ?, possibly before or
during emigration ?
m. (2nd wife) Caroline Justine BECKER in 1851 in Persazig Parish
Poland/Prussia (emigrated to IL)

Children:
***Hanna Charlotte Friederica BARZ, b. 1846 (dau. of Ernst T.E. BARZ and his
1st wife, Sophie RADDATZ ) m. Albert Neuman(n) - couple thought to have
emigrated with her step-mother, Caroline, and her children.

(children of Ernst T.E. BARZ and 2nd wife - Caroline Justine BECKER with
approx. age at time of emigration, we know several sons came with Caroline)
***Emilie Auguste, b. 1852..... 28-30
***Henriette Maria, b. 1853..... 27-29
***August Wilhelm, b. 1854.......26-28
***Carl (Karl) Gottlieb Ferdinand, b. 1856.....24-26
***Herman Julius, b. 1859...... 21-23
***Ernst Freidrich, b. 1862........ 18-20
***Albert Lebrencht, b. 1865...... 15-17
***Bertha Auguste, b. 1869...... 11-13
***Johann Gustav, b. 1870..... 10-12

Grately appreciate any and all help.... Tricia M.