[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] BARTZ Polish records 1.24.2005

rbbtfarm rbbtfarm at wavecable.com
Tue Jan 25 00:25:10 PST 2005

Hi Barb & List,

To Barb: Tried to send you info direct and I received an "unk" notice. Hope
you see this.

Not sure if there's anything there that connects to our line. Did your BARTZ
emigrate?  If so, who, when, from where, and to where ?... if you know.  I
took the info you sent to be in Europe.  I did send your info on to my expert
BARZ  / BARTZ "cousin", Bob.  His line is one of the emigrant brothers along
with mine. They used BARTZ more often than my line.

Also, I am including his email about Pom. records where he is searching, in
case this will be helpful to you or others on the List. He was just a little
ahead of me and already had been following the leads the List suggested.

Our BARZ / BARTZ  line were sheep herders and apparently moved around a lot.
I don't exactly recall the details, but the name evidently means shepherd or
something like that. Presumably it is one of those trade names they picked,
when they were required to choose a surname. Some of the other "Listers" may
be able to clarify more about that......... Tricia M.

To Listers from my BARZ "expert".......
INFO:   Persanzig church records.
Many of the surviving records from Pomerania are now somewhere in Germany, and
much has already been microfilmed by the LDS church (including the German
records which are in Polish archives). Unfortunately, we're generally not able
to go back much before the late 1700s with our Pomeranian research, but
sometimes you get lucky and find older church records that somehow survived.
There are other types of records besides church records which survived as
well.  Some of these for Kreis (county) Neustettin have already been worked on
by members of the Yahoo group for Kreis Neustettin. The local LDS church can
order some church records from Kreis Neustettin in an attempt to locate an
original birth record.

Hope this will be helpful to others researching in similar locations.