[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: Village near Piotrokov, Poland

Waldemar Kruger waldemar.kruger at ntlworld.com
Sun Jul 3 12:53:56 PDT 2005

Hi Gerhard, I see you posted a message a while ago about the village Stanislawow Lipski. My Grandfather was born there 25/11/1905. His name was Emil Ciechocinski and although its a Polish surname he has I am trying to establish the proper name for the family and when it was Polonised and why. I travelled there only a few weeks ago on our way to Volhynia where the family lived later.
Stanislaw Lipski looks to have around 30 dwellings in the village and I would have loved to have found out where in the village my ancestors lived. There is a family 'Gross' who live nearby and speak German at home, but we were unable to find them and due to our tight schedule to make the Ukrainian border it was not possible. Any idea where I can find out more about my Grandfather Emil Ciechocinski and his ancestors?
Kind Regards from the UK.
Karl