[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Questions or hints about Film numbers

Howard Krushel krushelh at telus.net
Mon Jul 4 19:39:53 PDT 2005

Back in about 1996 I checked some of these books which were held in the
Warsaw Archives; the records are generally very detailed (esp. the marriage
records but the death records as well listed the place of birth );
for Tutschin, book 239, Births start at #1, on Aug.21 1849 and ran to 1871;
Marriages started at 1867, running to 1870(with 1869 missing)than the
records continued for the years 1849, 1850, 1858, 1860, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65,
1866;
Deasths for this book (it had the place of birth) ran from 1849 to 1869.
This book was the Kantor book ONLY for the TOWN of TUTSCHIN NOT the parish
of Tutschin.
For the marriages the following colums were listed;1-number of record;2-name
and address, where presently living, birthplace and occuption;3- age and
whether married, single,etc.; 4- the 3 dates of the banns; as well there was
the following information;when and where were  the banns announced(i.e.Durch
den Schullehrer Johann Zindler nach der oeffentlichen Andacht, in
Andachtshaus zu Tutschin,Einsprache hat nicht statt gefunden); When, where,
and who performed the marriage(i.e. Durch Sr. Hochwuerden Gouvermanns Pastor
Consistorialraths und Ritter Peter Stelz zu Tutschin); Recorded Marriages
had taken place in Rozyszcze, Heimthal, Ostrog, and the Catholic church in
Tutschin.
The last page of the book had a chronology of the building of the church;
Book 394 which was listed as Tutschin is a mistake; it was a village Cantors
book of a village in the Tutschin area; the village was Rudinka and the
dates of the records were as follows B.- 1868 to 1893; M. -1877-1892; D-
1876 to 1893;as well the early years cover the settlers from Jozefowka and
Kropiwno;
In front of the book is a slip that reads " Dies Kirchenbuch wurde im Jahre
1941 durch das Reichssippemamt auf filmstreichen aufgenommen und durch seine
Vermittlung instandgesetzt". This indicates that these records were
Microfilmed in 1941.
For Alt Berestowiec(this too is a village Cantor book) the following records
are recorded; Births-#1 in 1867 to #293 in June of 1887; Marr.- #1in 1873 to
#23 in 1883; Deaths-#1 in 1870 to #135 in Dec. 1888.
Every year when I returned to the Archives I asked for an update of the
Zabuzanski records; and they were slowly moving records over from the Civil
Registrars office in downtown Warsaw; one year I took the time to obtain the
information on which particular Village Cantor books were held in the Civil
Registrars Office; from this I learned that there were quiet a number of
books still in that office but a large number of the books for the various
villages were missing.
I do recall seeing a Tutschin parish book starting in 1888, which listed the
various births, marr. and deaths by the various villages in the parish of
Tutschin; this book was uncovered by the Archivist in the Rowno Archives;
however the next year when I asked to see it again they did seem to be able
to find it???
All in all, these films will be invaluable for those searching for ancestors
in the Wladimir Wolhynsk and Rozyszcze Parish but may not help the Tutschin
parish researchers unless they happened to be living in the few villages
that have so far been microfilmed.
Howard Krushel