[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Blumental

Dr. Frank Stewner dr.stewner at t-online.de
Sat Jul 9 00:46:54 PDT 2005

I am unsecure about the location of Blumental.

I searched the SGGEE Journals and found the following:

200396 Journal page 22

Our father Eduard Henke was born August 18, 1855, in Blumental, later Russianized to Dermanka, near Nowograd-Wolynsk, the parish of Schitomir.

200309 Journal page 18

Reinhard Henke was born July 1, 1879 in Blumenthal, later known as Dermanka. (It is the Blumental that Hertha Karasek-Strzygowski visited and in her wonderful, "Volhynian diary" (by Elwert, Marburg) told of the area and illustrated with her pictures.)

200403 Journal page 41

Colonie Blumenthal Ssaslaw 103 112 13 / 8

Teacher receives 20 rubles per year and produce from 15 Morgen land

(This Blumental lays near Slawuta, thus in the south near Dermanka)

200505 Journal page 36

Albert and Adolfine's first child was born in 1909 in the village of Blumental.

(From the surrounding sentences: Blumental lays in the Dermanka - Region)

But in the Map and Index of Jerrry Frank this Blumental is not mentioned. Also not in the map of Dr.K.Stumpp "Karte der deutschen Siedlungen in ukrainisch Wolhynien". In that map one can find Blumental west of Pulin.

As the first two findings in the SGGEE-Journals relates to persons in my family file, I am  interested in comments.

Frank Stewner