[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Polish or Ukrainian Volhynia

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 9 06:41:40 PST 2005

This border only existed between WW I & II.  Before that it was all part of
Russia.

It of course varied as borders do but it was roughly a north-south line
about half way between Rowno and Novograd Wolhynsk.  To the south end it
curved westward so that while the city of Ostrog was in Polish section, the
settlement region to the south  was in Ukrainian Volhynia.

My maps, available to SGGEE members on the website, show the border.

At 09:21 PM 08/03/2005, Ohgrmtns at aol.com wrote:
>Can anyone tell me where the line between Polish Volhynia and Ukrainian
>Volhynia would have been? I came across these terms would be grateful
>someone
>could define and address them.
>

>Kristen FEIFERT Clark
>
>Researching : FEIFERT, STIEBNER,  NEUBERT, KOCHAN

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca