[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] New member

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 9 07:05:42 PST 2005

My guess from looking at your surnames is that your family is Jewish.  I
tried to visit your web page to confirm that but got an error message so I
guess your husband's work is not yet complete.

We do not discriminate but most of the SGGEE resources, and consequently
this mailing list, apply to non-Jewish German settlers in Russian Poland
and Volhynia.  It is therefore unlikely that you will find much help on our
site.

Jews from Volhynia can find help at http://www.jewishgen.org .  I know they
used to have their own listserv but that was probably 5 years ago or so, so
I don't know if it is still operating.

At 05:54 PM 09/03/2005, Jacques Morin wrote:
>Hello ,
>I have just subscribed to the list after searching "ROWNO" in a serach engine
>.
>I live in Paris France . My name is Estelle and my mother was born in Rowno .
>She passed away in November 2003 . She emigrated from Rowno to France in 1933
>at the age of 18 .
>Her maiden name was Segal and my grandmother's maiden name was Zafran ... may
>be that rings a bell to any of you .
>My husband is doing some research on our families and is setting up a website
>about us .
>I am looking forward to reading your messages .
>Estelle
>http://perso.club-internet.fr/rakowsz:

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca